Writer Press Release:
Melva Gifford has been writing since her youth. She has had fiction and nonfiction shorts published in various magazines. My story lines touch upon many realms of interest from children’s mainstream, science fiction, and fantasy includes nonfiction as well as adult science fiction and fantasy.
For nonfiction, I have been creating quite a few object lessons that promote Christian values. Many of these are featured in I know you THINK This is a Toaster: Promoting Family Values Through Object Lessons, but additional lessons are also provided in my blogs. Please see Teaching Embellishments. I hope these lessons are useful to youth ministers and parents for family devotionals and family home evenings.
Current published works include:
Pocket Troubles (Won 1st prize Utah Arts Counsel)
Please go to www.melvagifford.com to get completion dates on current projects.
- Pocket Troubles
- Operation Middle School Madness
- Troll Bait
- Off the Playground
- Life on Planet Weird
- Beware of Grandma’s Purse
- The Wrath of Rings
- Foreign Realms
- I know you THINK this is a toaster: Promoting Family Values Through Object Lessons
- There’s not just DoDads Anymore
- Seriously Speaking: Using Humor to Teach Serious Topics
- Reflections: God, Family, Country: A Collection of Free Verse Poetry
- The Book of Lists
- Gravity Well
- Druids of the class 2020
Writer and Storyteller Retreat:
Next Retreat TBD. Details at the bottom of the page.
Cost $100 per bed. That is for the entire long weekend. If a couple or two friends share a bed it’s $75 each.
Beds in Suite are $110 each since you’ll have a private bathroom.
Different attendees have had some very productive times at these retreats. Come find out when and where the next one is. I have a membership to Worldmark Resorts and they have 37 locations in the United States and different spots of the world. I do have to admit that when a bunch of friends and I went to Hawaii we didn’t do any writing that weekend. And I feel really really bad about that. <ahum> If you a nature nut (I’m a pecan) than the various locations should appeal to you.
If you would like to have a retreat for your own writing group and friends and simply want to use my condo points for a get-a-way. Contact me to see if we can schedule it. I have access to condos around the nation
Just got back from Boot Camp with Donavan and he couldn’t sing your praises loud enough. – Anna
I sure did enjoy the one I went to with you, Susan, Marlene, and Barbara. – Kareen
The condo was great. – Joshua E.
• UT-Wolf CreekReserved For:
• Melva GiffordCheck-In at 4:00 PM:
• Thursday, Apr 19, 2012Check-Out at 12:00 PM:
• Monday, Apr 23, 2012Confirmation Number:
• 26015172RCNAMax Occupancy:
• 10Unit Description:
• Three Bedroom – Plus: King and queen in master, queen in second, twins in the third bedroom, queen murphy bed in living area. The unit is in Powder Mountain area of the resort and includes washer/dryer. Maximum occupancy 10.Resort Check-in Address:
• 3618 N Wolf Creek Drive
Eden, UT, 84310