These are notes from a Book of Mormon symposium I attend about a while ago. Any misinformation is the fault of the note taker.
- Some say that the origin of the Aztec began around the 7th century.
- Jacob 1:73
- 4 Nephi 1:38
- Mormon 1:8
- com indicates that migration of the Aztec into Mexico was around 110 AD.
- 3 Nephi 11-34 Christ appears to the America.
- 1064 AD Aztec begins migration arrive in Central Mexico until 1193 AD.
- 1519 AD Cortez arrives.
- One historical source has an Aztec translation that man came from the land of the north from a place of Herrings (birds) a white land. I remember the presenting making reference to the Salt Flats in Utah. Some propose that antelope island in Salt Lake has herrings.
- Aztecs liked gambling.
- In Diego Duran’s Spanish Chronicles he also references a popular gambling game.
- Mexico historian, Casio in 1950 said the name of gambling game is called Plato.
- Alberto, an archeologist, found gaming sticks in caves on the shore of Utah’s Salt Lake City. It does not prove that the Aztecs were located in SLC but it is interesting that they were found at that location.
- The coming of Christ is referenced in the Aztec culture.
- Book: the lost mine.
Do you have something to add? If so please do so in the comment section of this blog. Thanks.